Our bestseller among the wind turbine aircrafts is now also available as an XL version – with a fabulous wingspan of 80 cm! Many new features have been introduced: Huge 28 cm propeller, detailed print also on the underside, robust 2x 70 cm long stainless steel tube, proven stainless steel construction, illustrated assembly instructions.
The legendary warbird weighs 3kg, which is almost 4 times as much as our known smaller version. For reasons of stability, the XL Mustang is much closer to the construction of our large Ju 52. Treat yourself to a very special garden decoration: the mighty XL Mustang P-51 from maxFlite.de.
About the original: The American P-51 D “Mustang” is one of the most famous fighters of the Second World War. Its good flight performance, long range and excellent flight characteristics soon made the P-51 a legend.
maxFlite offers this special type of aircraft as “XL Gardenfighter” printed with the paintwork of Pilot Colonel John D. Landers. It is the paint scheme of the famous „Big Beautiful Doll”. Like all maxFlite aircraft, the Mustang is also characterized by a very high level of surface detailing. All the features of the largely bare aluminum surface of the original have been transferred to the model. Also on the bottom. Order your maxFlite large P-51 D Mustang as “XL Gardenfigther” today![Wingspan: 80 cm; Length: 79 cm; Weight approx. 3000g; Height of the pole 140 cm; ground screw: sold separately; Diameter of propeller: 28 cm]
- Exact maxFlite type: P-51D-20-NA, 44-72218 Big Beautiful Doll, flown by Lt. Col. John D. Landers while serving with the 78th Fighter Group, 84th Fighter Squadron. The pilot is also shown in detail on the wind spinner.
- The American pilot Colonel John D. Landers scored 14.5 aerial victories and made 20 enemy aircraft unusable on the ground.
- The manufacturer of the P-51 Mustang was North American Aviation Inc. This was founded in 1928 and bought by Boeing in 1996. Other well-known aircraft from this manufacturer were the AT-6 trainer aircraft, the B-25, and the F-86 Saber and F-100 Super Saber jets.
- The Mustang’s success story only began with the combination of the American aircraft design and the British 12-cylinder V-engine Packard Merlin.
- 8000 pieces of the P-51 Mustang “D” version were built from 1944 onwards. The wind turbine manufacturer maxFlite also dreams of these quantities.
- The maximum range with additional tanks was 3300 km. That was by far the longest range of any single-engine Allied combat aircraft.
- The North American P-51 Mustang was the first aircraft that was designed for the wing with a laminar profile. This was characterized by a particularly low air resistance.
- The main designer of the Mustang was Edgar O. Schmued, who was born in Hornbach (Germany) in 1899. He would certainly have put a maxFlite XL Mustang windmill in his garden.
There are no reviews yet.